About This Product
The SE Racing STR-1 Quadangle has finally arrived. It was only a matter of time for SE to recreate Stu Thomasen’s original bike, SE Racing STR-1 Quadangle. Stu won the Pro title in 1979 on his STR-1. This unique design with double down tubes wrapping underneath the bottom bracket shell and continuing around the looptail rear end and ending at the seat tube. Welcome to the vintage BMX world. The SE Racing STR-1 Quadangle is a true throwback to the good old days of Stu. Showcasing memories and riding dreams become a reality. As they say you can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike.
- Lightweight 6066 aluminum frame built with floval top tube, bi-oval down tube, and rectangular rear stays for maximum stiffness
- Lightweight 6066 aluminum Landing Gear forks with 6061 aluminum steerer tube
- Alloy SE Mini Wing bars
- Promax Impact Mini 6061-T6 aluminum CNC stem with hidden top cap for a clean look
- Stiff and lightweight 3-pc 155mm alloy cranks
- Vee Tire Co Speed Booster 1-1/8” tires provide ultra-quick cornering and low rolling resistance
- Alienation Ankle Biter rims built with sealed cassette hubs with lightweight hollow axles with race skewer on the front
- 16.2 pounds
- COLOR: SE Blue
- WEIGHT:25.9 lbs / 11.75 kgs
- FRAME: Stu Thomsen Replica, 100% Cr-Mo Tubing, STR-1 Inspired Double Downtube Wraps Beneath 68mm Wide American Bottom Bracket, Looptail Rear End, Retro Dropouts, Limited Edition & Individually Numbered on the Inside of the Rear Dropout
- FORK: Cowboy Cut Landing Gear, Full Cr-Mo
- CRANKSET: SE TSC Cranks, 180mm, Sealed Bearing American Bottom Bracket, 141mm Spindle Length, 19mm Spindle Diameter, Alloy Spider, 44T Alloy Chainring
- PEDALS: X-Pedo Low-profile Platform w/ Removable Pins
- CHAIN: KMC Z6
- WHEELSET: Sealed Bearing SE Mohawk Hubs, 36H High-Flange Alloy, w/ Double-wall Rims, 16T Freewheel, Stainless Spokes
- TIRES: CST Caesar, 20" x 2.125" Front. 20" x 1.75" Rear
- BRAKE SET: BX-310 V-Brake, Slick Cable
- BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro 316A, 2-Finger Alloy
- HEADSET: Tange DX4, Aluminum Cups, 1-1/8" Threadless, SE Wing Logos on Bottom Cup
- HANDLEBAR: Cr-Mo Power Wing, 30" x 9", 10° Backsweep, 1° Upsweep
- STEM: Retro Alloy Top-Load w/ Engraved SE Logo on Top & Sides, 55mm Reach
- GRIPS: Special Edition ODI Mushroom II "Stu Thomsen" Signature Dual-Ply Grips, Made in USA, w/ Stompin' Stu Donuts
- SEAT: Special Edition Kashimax RS x SE Racing Collab Seat, Made in Japan
- SEATPOST: Micro-Adjust Alloy, 27.2mm
- SEAT CLAMP: OG SE Seat Clamp, 29.8mm Inner Diameter
- ACCESSORIES: STR Quad Padset, Alloy Valve Caps, Custom
- Top Tube, Actual: 21.75"
- Seat Tube, Center To Top: 12"
- Seat Tube Angle: 71°
- Head Tube Angle: 74°
- Chainstay Length: 15.25"
- Wheelbase: 38.75"
- Bottom Bracket Height: 11.7"
- Standover: 22.7"
- Suggested Rider Size: 5'5"+ (165cm+)
- Stem: 55mm
- Handlebar Width: 30"
- Crank: 180mm
- Wheel Size: 20"
- Seat Post Diameter: 27.2mm