About This Product
The Profile Z Coaster Rear BMX Hub is a proprietary freecoaster style hub engineered, designed, & manufactured by Profile Racing. It essentially works as a spring/pawl cassette hub that can be disengaged into a freecoaster with varying slack options.
- The Z Coaster™’s Pawl is “Z” shaped to allow for engagement/disengagement by the center Slack Cam Ring. This allows for adjustable slack by being able to switch cam rings. They are available in 20/33/45 deg, 60 deg, 75 deg, 90 deg, & 115 deg slack opti0ns. This means you can dial in the slack from less than 1/8 of a crank to a full 1/3 of a crank!
- The Z Coaster™ has an outer driver support bearing for the oversized driver mechanism. This bearing supports the driver from the outside.
- The Z Coaster™’s pawls and ratchet ring have a proprietary coating that offer smooth engagement.
- There are 48 points of engagement: all pawls engage simultaneously.
- Slack Options: 20/33/45 Degrees (45 degrees = 1/8 of a crank), 60 Degrees (1/6 of a crank), 75 Degrees (1/5 of a crank), 90 Degrees (1/4 of a crank), 115 Degrees (1/3 of a crank)
- Choice of 3/8″ Bolt On or 14mm Axles-Chromoly
- RHD OR LHD
- 36h Only
- Utility patents and design patents granted & pending.
- Made here in the USA at the Profile Racing factory.
Z Coaster™ Hub Weights
- Hub w/14mm GDH Chromo 9t Chromo: 583g/20.55oz
- Hub w/ 3/8 Chromo 9t Chromo: 559g/19.7oz
Z Coaster™ Hub Dimensions
- Center to Drive Side Flange–32mm
- Flange Diameter on Drive-Side–66mm
- Center to Non-Drive Flange–32mm
- Flange Diameter on Non-Drive Side–50mm
NOTE: Profile is experiencing a delay in production for certain products as a result of the Covid-19 restrictions. We love Profile and do our best to make sure we only show you things that are either in stock or readily available from Profile, but with that said, please be aware that you may experience a delay of anywhere from a few days to several weeks for certain items. We will contact you within 48 business hours if the Profile item/s you’ve ordered cannot be filled immediately. Thank you for your patience and understanding.