About This Product
The Chase ACT 1.2 Carbon BMX Race Frame-Black/White (Advanced Carbon Technology) frame utilizes todays most advanced technology to manufacture a BMX racing frame that can not only take the power of the worlds top Pros, but deliver the perfect feel and that is not too stiff. We took the best of the best, the ACT 1.0 and made it even better with the ACT 1.2 with small, but significant improvements.
Winning UCI World Cup Championships & the USA BMX #1 Pro Title has given credibility to the Chase ACT line of Carbon racing frames. Over the past 2 years, the ACT frame has won more UCI and USA BMX Elite Mens Pro races than any other frame, but we don’t rest on past results. Over the past year, we have been hard at work trying to do the impossible, make the ACT 1.2 even better. After tweaking the design, building samples, testing, modifying, testing some more, we feel we have been able to do just that! Connor Fields and Joris Daudet had been riding the ACT 1.2 for over 10 months before we felt it was truly improved and ready for sale.
A few key improvements include: Adjusting the Chain Clearance for larger gear ratios, improving the clearance for more styles of disc brake calibers to be used with the optional Elevn Disc adapter, and designing a new look of the ACT 1.2, with a Matte Finish and Gloss Graphics.
The ACT 1.2 is designed with the highest quality Carbon Fiber know as UD (uni-direction) carbon fiber. UD has one of the highest tensile strength of Carbon Fiber and is at this time the ultimate type of Carbon Fiber to be used for a BMX frame. Tensile strength is the amount of force needed to cause the fibers to breakdown, while the tensile modulus is a measure of the carbon fiber’s stiffness. We exclusively use the UD Carbon when building the Chase ACT 1.2 Frame to make sure the frames are of the highest quality available. Its not only stronger than most strands of Carbon Fiber, but it is also lighter, but this all comes with a higher cost. But when we designed the ACT frames, we were worried about performance and quality first, price was an afterthought.
INCLUDED ON EACH FRAME
- ELEVN MONOCOQUE CARBON SEAT POST: Aero 27.2 diameter 110mm length in matching color.
- 20MM DROP OUT FRAME PLATES: installed, additionally each frame includes a 10mm (3/8") drop out frame plate set up.
- 20MM AND 10MM (3/8") CHAIN TENSIONER SET BLOCKS: 15mm blocks available (Sold separately in Black Anodized only)
- OUTER CHAIN TENSIONER BOLTS: set up as well as Internal Chain tensioner Bolts included
- Integrated Tapered Head Tube: 1-1/8” top to 1.5” bottom with reinforced alloy cup
- NEW chain and disc clearances: for larger gear ratios and more styles of disc rotors
- Integrated Brakes system: Internal Brake Cable routing and recessed brake bosses
- Optimized AeroDynamic: Chase Aero seat post and seat clamp
- Press Fit Integrated BB86 Bottom Bracket: with reinforced alloy cup
- Extra length reinforced stainless steel 20mm drop out: with built-in alloy tensioner, also included is a 10mm (3/8) axle adapter.
- Chase ACT Frames feature UD Carbon Fiber, one of the highest tensile strength fibers and is the ultimate type of Carbon to be used for a BMX frame. Tensile strength is the amount of force needed to cause the fibers to breakdown, while the tensile modulus is a measure of the carbon fiber’s stiffness. We exclusively use the UD Carbon when building the ACT Frames to make sure it is of the highest quality. Its not only stronger than most strands of Carbon Fiber, but is also lighter.
- Chase ACT Frames feature the Aero seat post tube, seat post, and seat post clamp into BMX racing. This is to not only to help gain fractions of a second on the track with improved aerodynamics, but the Aero tubes also offers a slightly stiffer feel. We know BMX bikes don’t need to go fully aero testing into a wind tunnel, but when races are won or lost by fractions of a second, every advantage will help.
- All Chase Frames feature Muscle Forming for Chain and Seat Stays, a technique to give the back end of the ACT & RSP frames the stiffness and design shape we wanted and needed for optional design a special mold and process were needed to let us build the ultimate frame. Used with Carbon Fiber or Alloy to do just that, while letting us design the exact shape, design, and thickness to offer the optional designed back end on the Chase frames.
- For Chase ACT Frames, we have designed them to be able to take the extra force created by using a disc brake and disc brake mount. The Dropouts, as well as the seat and chain stays need to be designed with a Disc brake in mind to give you the extra strength and clearance needed for disc mounts and the disc brake Caliper as well, while still be able to use the entire length of the drop out area.
- Chase ACT Frames use a Integrated Tapered Headtube. Tapered head tubes offer a combination for the bearing sizes. Our tapered head tubes have a 1-1/8” upper diameter to 1.5” lower diameter. this allows you to run a tapered steer tube fork, or use a full 1-1/8” fork steer tube, with the offered 1.5” lower bearing, when the headset has an optional 1-1/8” to 1.5” fork race option.
- Chase ACT Frames use a Press Fit style Bottom Bracket tube. Press Fit BB are a simple and easy way to install a Bottom Bracket, where the Bottom Bracket you supply for your frame has the Bearings in cups and simply press into the frame, eliminating the chance of damaging BB threads, with the traditional Euro BB. The BB is usually lighter and easier to install and remove as well.
- Chase ACT Frames feature an Fully enclosed, Extra long (2.3" or 60mm) axle area slot, with reinforced stainless steel plates, 20mm dropouts with removable steel plate inserts to accommodate 20mm, 15mm or 10mm rear axle hubs. The Enclosed system also houses 2 different Chain tensioner systems, an Internal system with built-in alloy tensioner, or external Chain Tensioner system, allowing you to use the full length of the dropout.
- Chase ACT Frames feature Internal Cable Routing thru the top tube, giving you the factory look, as well as providing protection for the brake cable and graphics, since the cable does not rub against the frame.
|SIZE||TT||CS MIN||LR||AF||SA||HT||SPL||SP||BBH||RIDER AREA||WEIGHT|
|SIZE: Pro||TT: 20.50" 520.70 mm||CS MIN: 14.25" 362.0 mm||LR: 2.36" 60 mm||AF: 74°||SA: 72.5°||HT: 4.7" 120 mm||SPL: 9.3" 236.2 mm||SP: aero 27.2 mm||BBH: 11.5" 292.1 mm||RIDER AREA: 20.66" 524.98mm||WEIGHT: 2.91 lbs 1.32 Kg|
|SIZE: Pro +||TT: 20.75" 527.05 mm||CS MIN: 14.25" 362.0 mm||LR: 2.36" 60 mm||AF: 74°||SA: 72.5°||HT: 4.7" 120 mm||SPL: 9.3" 236.2 mm||SP: aero 27.2 mm||BBH: 11.5" 292.1 mm||RIDER AREA: 20.99" 533.19mm||WEIGHT: 2.93 lbs 1.33 Kg|
|SIZE: Pro XL||TT: 21" 533.4 mm||CS MIN: 14.25" 362.0 mm||LR: 2.36" 60 mm||AF: 74°||SA: 72.5°||HT: 4.7" 120 mm||SPL: 9.3" 236.2 mm||SP: aero 27.2 mm||BBH: 11.5" 292.1 mm||RIDER AREA: 21.24" 539.61 mm||WEIGHT: 2.95 lbs 1.34 Kg|
|SIZE: Pro XL+||TT: 21.25" 539.75 mm||CS MIN: 14.5" 368.3 mm||LR: 2.36" 60 mm||AF: 74°||SA: 72.5°||HT: 4.7" 120 mm||SPL: 9.3" 236.2 mm||SP: aero 27.2 mm||BBH: 11.5" 292.1 mm||RIDER AREA: 21.48" 545.65 mm||WEIGHT: 2.97 lbs 1.35 Kg|
|SIZE: Pro XXL||TT: 21.50" 546.1 mm||CS MIN: 14.5" 368.3 mm||LR: 2.36" 60 mm||AF: 74°||SA: 72.5°||HT: 4.7" 120 mm||SPL: 9.3" 236.2 mm||SP: aero 27.2 mm||BBH: 11.5" 292.1 mm||RIDER AREA: 21.74" 552.37 mm||WEIGHT: 2.99 lbs 1.36 Kg|
|SIZE: Pro XXL +||TT: 21.75" 552.45 mm||CS MIN: 14.5" 368.3 mm||LR: 2.36" 60 mm||AF: 74°||SA: 72.5°||HT: 4.7" 120 mm||SPL: 9.3" 236.2 mm||SP: aero 27.2 mm||BBH: 11.5" 292.1 mm||RIDER AREA: 21.95" 557.51mm||WEIGHT: 3.09 lbs 1.40 Kg|
RACE BIKE AND RACE FRAME FITMENT GUIDE
|FRAME/BIKE SIZE||HEIGHT||TYPICAL AGE|
|FRAME/BIKE SIZE: MICRO||HEIGHT: 3' - 3'7"||TYPICAL AGE: 3 - 5|
|FRAME/BIKE SIZE: MINI||HEIGHT: 3'4" - 4'||TYPICAL AGE: 5 - 6|
|FRAME/BIKE SIZE: JUNIOR||HEIGHT: 3'10" - 4'5"||TYPICAL AGE: 7 - 8|
|FRAME/BIKE SIZE: EXPERT||HEIGHT: 4'2" - 4'9"||TYPICAL AGE: 9 - 10|
|FRAME/BIKE SIZE: EXPERT XL||HEIGHT: 4'6" - 5'2"||TYPICAL AGE: 11 - 12|
|FRAME/BIKE SIZE: PRO||HEIGHT: 4'9" - 5'7"||TYPICAL AGE: 13 - 14|
|FRAME/BIKE SIZE: PRO XL||HEIGHT: 5'6" - 6'1"||TYPICAL AGE: 15 - 18|
|FRAME/BIKE SIZE: PRO XXL||HEIGHT: 5'9" - 6'5"||TYPICAL AGE:|
|FRAME/BIKE SIZE: PRO XXXL||HEIGHT: 6'3" - 6'9"||TYPICAL AGE:|