About This Product
Building a custom Pro level race bike can be a difficult task while trying to stay within a budget. With the Chase 2021 Element Expert BMX Race Bike-Black/White, we did all the hard work for you. We wanted to offer a bike that our Chase Factory Pro riders could race right out of the box, while taking into consideration that the cost needs to be realistic for everyday racers who still want the best bike. With the new 2021 Chase Element, we have done just that, offering you the best bike for the price! The 2021 Element utilizes the same geometry as our Championship winning ACT and RSP race frames. The Element frame features Hydroformed and butted tubing, a new integrated chain tensioner / disc brake mounting system, a Press Fit Bottom Bracket, and a 31.8 Handle Bar/Stem combo.
For 2021, we are now offering SHIMANO Hydraulic Disc Brake with updated disc mounting system, CHASE Element Triple Precise clutch system rear cassette hub with ISO Brake disc rotor laced up on SUN RINGLÉ rims, TIOGA FASTR X tires, ANSWER Dagger carbon fork, ELEVN Aero Pivotal seat and post, EXCESS LSP cranks, INSIGHT chainring and grips, a BB86 Press Fit Bottom Bracket and a 31.8mm handlebar and stem. With all the parts together with this top notch frame, Chase was able to help make the ultimate Elite level complete race bike, what we feel is the best that is available today.
- FRAME: CHASE Element Expert 20″ 7005 T6 Alloy Hydroformed, Aero system shaping, Enclosed rear dropouts, Integrated Chain tensioner system
- FORK: ANSWER Dagger Carbon Pro 10mm
- STEM: CHASE Element 31.8mm 45mm
- HANDLEBAR: CHASE Element 31.8mm 5.75″
- CHAINRING: INSIGHT 42T 4 Bolts BCD 104mm
- CRANKSET: EXCESS LSP 165mm, Press Fit BB 68/73mm
- HUBS: CHASE Element 10mm, Sealed Bearings, Steel Cassette Body, Triple precise Rear Hub Clutch System with ISO disc brake standard (3 Pawls at Triple Angle Engagement for 24T Ratchets), 16T cog
- RIMS: SUN RINGLÉ ICI-1 Rims 20×1-3/8″, 28H, No Brake Surface
- TIRES: TIOGA Fastr X 20×1-3/8″ Front & Rear
- BRAKES: SHIMANO MT400 Hydraulic series, 120mm disc rotor, Lock Disc Adaptor
- SEAT: CHASE Aero seat post & clamp / ELEVN PC Pivotal seat
- WEIGHT: 18.4 LBS / 8.2 KG WITH PEDALS
- RIDER SIZE: 4′ 7,5″ – 5′ 0,6″ / 1M41 – 1M54
- Chase Bicycles introduces the Aero seat post tube, seat post, and seat post clamp into BMX racing with our Element bikes and our ACT 1.0 and RSP 3.0 frames. This is to not only to help gain fractions of a second on the track with improved aerodynamics, but the Aero tubes also offers a slightly stiffer feel. We know BMX bikes don’t need to go fully aero testing into a wind tunnel, but when races are won or lost by fractions of a second, every advantage will help.
- It doesn’t matter how much you can squat, if your rear hub ins’t worth squat. But with the new Chase Element Triple Precise Rear hub clutch system, all you will have to worry about is how to where to put you trophies instead of if your hub can take all the power you can dish out. The 3 pawls clutch system gives you a direct link to power, while keeping the rear hub light and easy to maintain. With 72 points of engagement, the drag is also minimal, while being secure enough for Champions riders like Connor Fields and Joris Daudet to ride on with confidence.
- Chase utilizes the CNC machining process to produce out 3D Modulus Dropout and small parts of the Edge and Element frames. Using the CNC process allows us to design parts that are specifically built to work the best with our proprietary frame tubes, giving us another way to control the overall weight and strength – flex factor on the frames, to give you, the best ride and feel from our complete bikes. Precision machining enhances the beauty and craftsmanship ship of all frames offered from Chase.
- Chase Bicycles utilizes tapered tubing to offer you the most durable, yet light weight products, to help you achieve optimum results on the BMX race track. Our tapered items, use multiple thicknesses in the same tube, so the tube can be reinforced where needed with precision to help reduce stress areas where needed and lighten up the areas that don’t require extra materials. In aluminum the result are tube walls that eliminate stress points, boosting strength, reducing weight and improving fatigue life. The advantage is clear : Tapered tubes enhances strength and durability, at less weight.
- Chase has designed and added the new Enclosed Rear dropout on the Element frame was developed to add strength to the frame for usage of the Disc Brake mount, as well as the easy of having an integrated chain tensioner system built into the frame. We use this same technology on our flagship BMX racing frame, the Chase ACT 1.0 Carbon Fiber frame.
- Born from some of the best alloys for building BMX race bikes, our special 7005-T6 SpeedLite alloy is the perfect blend for our Hydro-forming process, giving the Element frames the core strength needed to produce unmatched speed on the track, while keeping the overall weight of the frame down to a minimum.
- Hydroformed tubes have two main advantages. First, the narrow axis is a flatter surface, which means more surface area to carry the load, so it is stiffer & stronger across the minor axis. Secondly, the deeper axis is stiffer since the stiffness varies to the cube of the diameter, stronger to the square. When using an oval shaped tube on a typical BMX frame it helps reduce flex but only in one direction, but on the Chase frames, the tubes are oval in both directions in the main flex areas and these tubes help reduce flex in both main directions.
- Chase utilizes the triple butting on our line of Element bikes. A triple-butted tube means it has three different wall thicknesses along its length. Chase uses this technology to reduce the amount of material used when building the Element frame, decreasing its weight by 15% compared to last years frame tubes used to construct the frame. Lighter where it can be and stiffer where it needs to be means no excess weight on the bike that gives you an advantage with the Element frame and against the completion.
- Chase incorperates the Integrated headset system on all of our frames. Simply put, It is a bicycle frame, fork and bearing system designed to eliminate the need for a headset cup. To integrate means to combine and hopefully to simplify. What has been integrated by the integrated headset? The bearings now rest inside the frame instead of inside pressed-in cups, making it easier for headset installation, helping create less maintenance on your race bike, all while making the front end stiffer and the overall bike lighter.
- Early Chase Element bikes, RSP 4.0 & ACT 1.0 Frames both use a Press Fit style Bottom Bracket tube. Press Fit BB are a simple and easy way to install a Bottom Bracket, where the Bottom Bracket you supply for your frame has the Bearings in cups and simply press into the frame, eliminating the chance of damaging BB threads, with the traditional Euro BB. The BB is usually lighter and easier to install and remove as well.
- FRAME: CHASE Element Expert 20″ Top Tube 7005 T6 Alloy, Integrated Head Tube 1-1/8″, Enclosed rear dropouts and Chain tensioner system
- FORK: ANSWER Dagger Carbon Pro, Alloy Drop Out 3/8″ Axle, 1-1/8″ Alloy Steer Tube, Alloy Top Cap
- HEADSET: CHASE Integrated Sealed Bearing
- HANDLEBAR: CHASE Element 31.8mm, 5.75″ Rise, 8° Back Sweep & 2° Up Sweep
- GRIPS: INSIGHT C.O.G.S 130mm, Alloy Clamps Laser Etched Logo, PVC End Plug
- STEM: CHASE Element 31.8mm, 45mm, 6061 T6 Alloy CNC Laser Etched Logo
- BB: Press Fit 68/73mm Cartridge Bearings
- CHAINRING: INSIGHT 42 Tooth 4 Bolts 104mm 1/2″x3/32″ 5mm Alloy Ring
- CRANK: EXCESS LSP 2 Piece Crank 165mm Alloy Arm, 4 Bolt Spider, Cr-mo Pedal Inserts, Alloy Chain Ring Bolts / Nuts
- PEDAL: Nylon Platform Pedal 9/16″
- CHAIN: KMC Z1 narrow 1/2″x3/32″
- COG: 16 Tooth
- FRONT HUB: CHASE Element, 3/8″ Axle, 28H, Sealed Bearing
- REAR HUB: CHASE Element ISO, 3/8″ Axle, 28H, Sealed Bearing, M6 Bolts, Steel Cassette Body with 3 Pawls at Triple Angle Engagement for 24T Ratchets
- SPOKES: 14 Gauge
- NIPPLES: Brass 14Gx5/8″
- RIMS: SUN RINGLÉ ICI-1 28H 20×1-3/8″ No Brake Surface Presta Valve
- FRONT TIRE: TIOGA Fastr X 20×1-3/8″
- REAR TIRE: TIOGA Fastr X 20×1-3/8″
- TUBES: 20×1-3/8″ Presta valve
- BRAKES: SHIMANO MT400 Hydraulic Series, Resin Pads, 120mm Rotor, Lock Disc Adaptor
- SADDLE: ELEVN PC Pivotal
- SEAT POST: CHASE Aero Pivotal 27.2x260mm Alloy
- SEAT CLAMP: CHASE Aero QR Alloy 31.8mm
|Frame Size||TT||CS Min||LR||AF||SA||HT||SPL||BBH||Wheels|
|Frame Size Expert||TT 20″ 508 mm||CS Min 13.5″ 342.9 mm||LR 1.5″ 38.1 mm||AF 73°||SA 70°||HT 4.7″ 120 mm||SPL 9.2″ 236 mm||BBH 11″ 279.4 mm||Wheels 20×1-3/8″|
|Frame Size Pro||TT 20.5″ 520.7 mm||CS Min 14.25″ 362 mm||LR 1.5″ 38.1 mm||AF 74°||SA 72.5°||HT 4.7″ 120 mm||SPL 9.2″ 236 mm||BBH 11.5″ 292.1 mm||Wheels 20×1.5″|
|Frame Size Pro XL||TT 21″ 533.4 mm||CS Min 14.3″ 363.3 mm||LR 1.5″ 38.1 mm||AF 74°||SA 72.5°||HT 4.7″ 120 mm||SPL 9.2″ 236 mm||BBH 11.5″ 292.1 mm||Wheels 20×1.75″|
|Frame Size Pro XXL||TT 21.5″ 546.1 mm||CS Min 14.5″ 368.3 mm||LR 1.5″ 38.1 mm||AF 74°||SA 72.5°||HT 4.7″ 120 mm||SPL 9.2″ 236 mm||BBH 11.5″ 292.1 mm||Wheels 20×1.75″|
|Frame Size Pro Cruiser||TT 21.5″ 546.1 mm||CS Min 15.25″ 387.3 mm||LR 1.5″ 38.1 mm||AF 73°||SA 69.5°||HT 4.7″ 120 mm||SPL 9.8″ 250 mm||BBH 12″ 304.8 mm||Wheels 24×1.75″|
NOTE: Complete Bike specifications and components may differ from photos and description. Manufacturers reserve the right to make changes and/or substitutions due to parts availability, production requirements and ongoing development decisions.