Introducing the Prizm CE Level 1 approved knee protection system featuring Reaktiv Prizm Foam (RPF) technology. Working with a European protective foam developer the FLY Racing design team was able to produce heat-activated foam that molds to the knee through body heat to make a perfectly comfortable fit. RPF is high-density memory foam that has been sliced with a prismatic pattern to allow the pad to mold to the shape of the user. Once the foam conforms to the leg the guard stays put and is comfortable to wear all day. RPF foam is also body temperature sensitive, which means the knee guard becomes suppler as you ride for increased comfort while pedaling.
Not all CE markings are equal. The FLY Prizm Knee Guard is proper CE Level 1 certified to EN1621 / 2012 for knee protection. The Prizm knee guard has an internal tension pull that keeps the guard from sliding down the leg. Best of all the guard stays in place so you can count on it when it’s needed while being comfortable to wear mile after mile. Other key features:
- RPF = Reaktiv Prizm Foam. Fly Racing has developed their own CE Approved protection. It is a high-density memory foam that has been sliced with a prismatic pattern to allow the pad to mold to the shape of the user. The foam is also body temperature sensitive meaning it becomes more supple when you put the pad on increasing comfort when pedaling
- Kevlar front panels - heavy-duty front panels with high abrasion resistance to increase durability of the pad.
- Side knee protection
- Moisture-wicking, antibacterial lycra pad liner
- 'Floating' neoprene patella cup with silicon printing to centralize the pad and prevent it from slipping down
- Strategically placed elastic banding with silicon printing to help prevent the pad from slipping down
- Open back design means you don't get material bunching up at the back of the knee when pedaling greatly increasing both comfort and breathability
- Asymmetric design to have left and right specific for improved fit and function
- Extensive use of flatlock stitching for increased strength, durability and comfort
- Innovative lacing system around the upper calf. Positioned above the widest point of the calf this helps prevent the pads from slipping down in use. Easy to use even with gloves on this system allows you to achieve perfect tension every time